Saturday, July 7, 2012

Access Evolution Developing Carbon Rear for the V36 Coupe?

The Toyota 86/Subaru BRZ has been the recipient of much attention over the past few months; new parts seemingly launching daily. It is safe to suggest that when new parts for one's project vehicle (whatever it may be) debut, interest is piqued. Hardly equaling the level of frenzy and excitement as some of these new Toyobaru reveals, it appears as though Access Evolution is in the midst of developing a new rear end for the V36 coupe. Exciting news for a V36 owner like myself! The majority of V36 enthusiasts bemoan often the lack of aftermarket options for the car.


Personally, I have struggled with the rear of the G. A lot. In my opinion, there is just something about the backside of a G37 that leaves a bit to be desired. I have swapped out the stock rear bumper for the Zele Performance rear bumper. I opted to forego the option of the Zele GT rear under spoiler set and took a risk in trying to retro-fit a Z33 Top Secret carbon fiber rear diffuser. After the mock-up/test fit, I decided I was not in love with that look, so I sold the diffuser. I currently have something else in the works that I think will give the rear of the G the perfect look for me. We'll see... But not for a couple months.


Anyway, still unsure as to the availability status of this prototype, below is the recent rendering of a new rear being developed for the coupe by Access Evolution. From the blueprint, the design appears to be rather aggressive, as compared to the bland stock rear bumper of the V36 coupe. Nonetheless, I really like it. Of course, this is not the final product, but if it is anything close to this, it will earn a 'thumbs-up' from JDMphasis...

(Source: Carview Japan)


Now, I can't help but wonder how long it will take for the unprincipled, unethical, and unscrupulous replicators to get a hold of one...

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the release of this. Nice to see more aero parts being developed for the G. 'Bout time if ya ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. any updates on this beauty? been waiting for this diffuser for such a long time, i'd hate to get the same O diffusers everyone has V1 and V2...

    ReplyDelete