Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Different Animal

It's not every day that your average Joe is presented with the opportunity to experience the package of luxury and sport inherent in a 1961 Chevrolet Impala. This weekend I was behind the wheel of this boat when the odometer hit 48,000 miles. Not the prototypical driver of a car from this era, I was the recipient of a few double-takes as I floated into the parking lot of a local ice cream shop and dropped anchor. The bench seats, transistor radio, and fishbowl-esque windows are a far cry from the snug Brides, iPod-equipped stereo, and compact, tinted interior to which I am accustomed in the G. Nonetheless, it was quite an experience.




I found myself amused by the size of the steering wheel. (Pictured with my 330MM Personal Neo Grinta)



No comments:

Post a Comment