Sunday, February 27, 2011

Project G37S: Time for Tires

The new rollers waiting patiently in their boxes, tucked away in an alcove all their own at a little shop in Hyde Park, I am now faced with the challenge of choosing the right rubber. The first step: choosing the proper size tires for the new wheels. Increasing the sidewall is one of the objectives in going from a 20" wheel to a 19" wheel, so we decided on the following set-up:

* 275/35/19 Rear
* 255/40/19 Front

In doing some research, reading some reviews, and seeking some opinions, I have narrowed it down to two tires.

Hankook Ventus V12

Yokohama S.drive


I am using Yokohama S.drives on the 20" set-up I am running right now. I have no big complaints at this time, so maybe I will stick with something I know... However, the Hankooks have been recipient to some high praise and are a bit cheaper than the S.drives. The final decision will likely be made at some point this week...

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment