Monday, April 15, 2019

Project M4: Wheels

BMW offers some nice-looking wheels for the M cars. The set of wheels on the M4 I purchased is not one of those sets. Not that I would not be swapping out OEM wheels for aftermarket wheels regardless of what came on it from the factory, but I knew, as soon as I saw this car, that footwork would be priority #1 with this project.

I looked around quite a bit before deciding on wheels. I did not have one wheel that had that "Have to have!" feel for me in regards to this project. I was open to multiple different possibilities. Advan, BBS, Volk, Enkei, SSR, and WORK were all wheels that I looked into before making my decision. I reached out to multiple sources for wheels and I was told many of the styles in my specs are out of stock in the US and the wait would be anywhere between 3 to 6 months. Yuck.

Then I reached out to a source from whom I have never purchased anything: Vivid Racing. The customer service was great. I had a response to my email inquiry within minutes. My questions were answered promptly and I was sent pictures upon request. Not only that, they had two sets of wheels IN STOCK with M4 fitment in the exact specifications for which I was looking!

I decided on a set of 19" Volk ZE40 wheels in Magnesium Blue. Mag Blue has been one of my favorite finishes from the time I first saw it probably 15 years ago. (I owned a set of Mag Blue CE28's years ago, but I ended up selling them before I ever had them mounted.) I am really looking forward to seeing how these wheels look against the Austin Yellow of the M4. Enjoy the pictures.







Oh, and I received these pictures from the dealership yesterday. The car is currently en route! 



JDMphasis... Innovation over Imitation

No comments:

Post a Comment