Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Project FJ: Demello Offroad Single-Hoop Front Bumper

Up until about a week and a half ago the Z had controlled much of my modding attention. I made a purchase for the FJ yesterday, however, that, though unexpected, has me very excited. I would not call it an "impulse buy" because it is a part that I have had my eye on for a long time, but it is a purchase that I had planned on making a little further down the line. Oh well…


Demello Offroad Single-Hoop Front Bumper





















I decided to spend a few extra dollars and go with the aluminum model (as opposed to steel) for the weight savings. This bumper weighs roughly 10-20 pounds more than the stock bumper and the steel version weighs roughly 110 pounds, about 70+ pounds more than stock. No brainer, in my opinion.

Anticipating this purchase over a year ago, I had already purchased a relocation kit for the windshield washer fluid reservoir, as the stock piece would be low-hanging and exposed with this bumper. I also ordered a set of Baja Designs Squadron Sport 3.5" lights to go with the bumper.

The lead time for the bumper is 3-4 weeks. Once it arrives, I am going to make an appointment to get my tires mounted, lift kit installed, and bumper and nerf bars installed. Stay tuned


JDMphasis… Innovation over Imitation

1 comment: