Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nissan Silvia S16 Announcement?

There has been much buzz as of late about an upcoming announcement by Nissan that the Silvia is due to return to the Nissan line-up. I have heard the upcoming Tokyo Motor Show will be the venue. There have been rumors about the new S16 for a couple years now. I do not know what to believe. I remember reading about it back in 2008 or 2009. I have heard 2016 as a possible release date. I do believe Nissan should be considering something to compete with the 86 because, as expected (and evidenced by the SEMA show last week in Las Vegas), the Toyota/Subaru/Scion is taking the tuning world by storm. A marketing expert I am not, but I do believe a light-weight, well-balanced sports car with horsepower numbers in the low 200's (Perhaps powered by a variation of the Nissan Juke's 1.6L Turbo-charged 4-cylinder?) set to fall in the Nissan line-up below the Z could potentially do well (and make some Nissan-heritage-loyalists happy). But who knows?

Here is a recent rendering I have seen of the Nissan Silvia S16 Concept:



Now, I do not know how much stock I would put in the final product looking like this, as I remember the Infiniti Essence Concept from a few years back looking quite similar. No. Pretty much exactly the same...

 
 
 
And an "unofficial" teaser video:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment