Wednesday, December 5, 2012

'Meh'... to 'Yeah!'

It is not JDM, but it was pretty impressive.

Last week I had the opportunity to take a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 out for a little spin. I owned a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland a few years ago - a very nice vehicle to daily drive. I acknowledge that this is a completely different animal, but nonetheless, I was still somewhat 'meh' when presented with the opportunity to get behind the wheel. However, I have to say, this beastly grocery-getter did not disappoint. 

[Enter the juiced SRT-8 model

The handling characteristics were nothing short of inspiring and strikingly assuring. I feel confident suggesting that, had I been blindfolded as a passenger in this vehicle, I would question whether or not I was in a sport utility vehicle. That is how planted and staunch the beefed up suspension and square set-up of 295/45 rubber have this Jeep. I was not able to travel too far, but I did stomp on the gas and was thoroughly excited to experience the 465 ft-lbs. of torque.

Had I an extra $60,000+ sitting around, there is a good chance I might have one of these as a daily driver.

A few phone shots:



I prefer the previous model's centered exhaust tips...




No comments:

Post a Comment