Monday, November 26, 2012

Two Years...

Today marks the 2-year anniversary of the first post on JDMphasis. If someone had asked me then to predict how many page impressions JDMphasis would have today, I solemnly would have guessed a number far less than half of the current total. For the followers and readership of this blog, I am extremely grateful. The basic principles around which this blog was founded are simple. 


  • Passion and intrigue into the parts of the Japanese Domestic Market. 
  • A desire to encourage support of the true pioneers and innovators of the industry and, correspondingly, to discourage corner-cutting in builds. 
  • A means to chronicle and document my own personal project.

In the introductory post two years ago, I wrote, 

...I consider myself a rather sincerely devoted enthusiast. I pride myself on the research, time, and money that go into my projects, as well as the people with whom I surround myself to provide service, guidance, and advice... Modifying my cars is a bit more than a hobby to me. It is a passion.
I have been extremely lucky. This blog was started as a result of encouragement and support from a few people in the industry with whom I have been fortunate enough to build solid relationships. And better; friendships. At the same time, I have had some bad experiences. This has allowed me to gain a proper perspective. I believe it is important to associate one's self with those people who care just as much about you and your project as they do about putting a dollar in their pocket. These are the people who enhance the industry. Those networking practices are what builds the tuning car culture. That is the passion that fuels the industry. That is the sort of fellowship that makes this industry special and unique. That is what defines the industry we love.

That said, I would like to thank a few people for the success of JDMphasis. I would like to thank my very good buddy, Brian, who has not only been with me since Day 1 of my project, but who was probably the most influential encouragement I had in creating this blog. Secondly, I would like to thank the President of Bulletproof Automotive, Ben Schaffer. Ben has been a great resource over the years and, in recent years, an even better friend. Third, I want to thank Jay of JDMEGO. Jay needs no introduction. Likely the OG of staunch support of originality and authenticity, quite simply, Jay is someone from whom every modifying enthusiast should take notes. And lastly, thank you to everyone who reads and follows JDMphasis. Your support is sincerely appreciated.


JDMphasis... Innovation over Imitation 

No comments:

Post a Comment