Saturday, June 16, 2012

"Rough World"

If you had asked me five years ago about RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF, I don't think I would have known to whom or what you were referring. Now, however, I feel RWB cars are everywhere, relatively speaking. All distinctly similar, yet quite unique in their own right, RWB cars are highly recognizable.

There are certain trends, customs, crazes, traits, and characteristics unique to certain modification cultures that some people do not necessarily agree with or understand, but can still accept. As an example, the bold colored wheels popular with some of the Japanese drift cars have become more and more popular over the past ten years or so with daily driven cars. While the average person on the street might see a Z33 with fluorescent pink wheels and say, "That looks ridiculous," I see it in a different light and just because I may not mount those particular styled wheels on my car, I "get" it. Hellaflush could be described in much the same way... Although I cannot honestly say that I love every RWB Porsche, I respect absolutely the work and dedication that goes into each and every one. I have come to accept the extensive double-wing as a signature keystone and mainstay - I "get" it, but, if ever fortunate enough to be granted the rare and fantastic privilege of having a RWB Porsche built for me, I believe I would kindly opt out of the more exaggerated double-wing option and go with one of the more conservative set-ups. Just my preference...  


Anyway... More than the cars themselves, Nakai-San, RWB founder, intrigues me. I tend to watch the same internet clips over and over again just to listen to (err... read) him talk about his love of building cars. There is something about his approach to modification that I find fascinating. I believe it has much to do with the fact that his passion and enjoyment of the cars he builds transcends all else. That zeal and enthusiasm shines through in his work, as each one of his individually nicknamed projects is a rolling work of art. The concern over the last six months or so as to whether or not RWB is becoming too mainstream is something that interests me, as well. I will be curious to behold how the RWB culture will evolve.

The Original Creation, Stella Artois

Look at that thing!



A cool video by Maiham Media that captures the essence of RAUH-Wel BEGRIFF...


 And... quite possibly my favorite RWB Porsche (note the slightly more conservative wing):
Source: ShirtsTuckedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment