Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dub Deuces?

My personal preference in regards to wheel diameters on a V36? 19" or 20".


If asked what I think of 22" wheels on a G, my reaction might be to cringe a little and shake my head in disparagement. HOWEVER, when I came across this V36 in Japan, I said to myself, "This doesn't look too bad."


Slammed on 22" Forgiato Maglia wheels featuring a gloss black lip and Lamborghini orange face, orange stock brake calipers with upgraded rotors, a US-Spec sport front bumper, painted headlights and grille color-matched to the exterior of the car, and tinted taillights.



(Source: Carview Japan)

It is always intriguing to see the cultural predilection to modifying. Japanese enthusiasts will occasionally Americanize their rides, while we often seek that rare JDM appearance. For instance, the Nissan emblems of this V36 have been removed in lieu of the Mount Fuji Infiniti emblem, the fenders have been shaved clean of the factory clear sidemarkers, and new decals have been added to the brake calipers.


Overall, this V36 is not exactly my cup of tea, but it could certainly be MUCH worse...

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you here Bill - definitely not my cup of tea either. This is almost certainly an Access Evolution customer; they've been doing a lot of Forgiato and HRE wheels recently, and as always, quite a few USDM conversions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see that you are an expert at your field! I am launching a website soon, and your information will be very useful for me.. Thanks for all your help and wishing you all the success in your business.
    HRE Wheels

    ReplyDelete