Thursday, April 12, 2012

One of the Good Guys

Many of the posts of JDMphasis are sparked from something encountered while browsing a forum. This post is no different. Owning a G, it is only natural that I spend a bit more time on the G boards than the boards devoted to the Z. However, a few days ago, I stumbled upon a thread on the 370 forum that really piqued my interest. The topic of the thread was an inquiry into where to find replica Varis aero. I suppose, with this post, I would just like to recognize one of the good guys for his steadfast views on authenticity. He "gets it." Replicas and knock-offs harm the industry, and, in the long run, the consumer. Plain and simple. 

Ryan's statements are paraphrased here:
You proclaim yourself to be a true enthusiast. To me, a true enthusiast is someone who is sure to be proud of his/her car. Someone who supports the original designers of products for the car. In doing so, in the long run, there will be more products available to the consumer. By choosing to buy replica parts, you are only destroying the industry.


I understand you don't have the money to spend 5k+ for a kit, so SAVE, you will be much happier in the end with the real product. 


I have a problem with what both UAM and Shine Auto do, yes. And if RavSpec is doing what they say here in this thread, then I will have issues with them also.


I have not done business with people because it saves me a few dollars. I do business with people because it is right. Just my ethics...


True enthusiasts, like Ryan, who not only refuse to cut corners with their own builds by way of supporting the true innovators of the industry, but who also make an effort to persuade others to buy authentic and educate to the downfall of purchasing knock-offs and replicas, are doing their part to keep JDM alive in the States. 

Thus, JDMphasis applauds Ryan and his sick Z34.







Ryan's Z34 is sporting an authentic Amuse Vestito body kit (front, rear, and sides) as well as a Mines rear spoiler. The handling has been improved by way of a set of KW V3 coilovers and and some SPC camber arms, as well as a sharp set of HRE rollers: 19" P43SC wrapped in Toyo rubber.

JDMphasis... Innovation over Imitation

No comments:

Post a Comment