Saturday, March 19, 2011

Project G37S: Stillen Short Shifter

When I owned my Z, I had a short shifter from another company, but, after hearing some unfavorable anecdotes of issues with the shifters, I decided not to install it. Thus, I spent considerable time debating the install of Stillen's Short Shifter in the G. I had some hesitations, but, as a result of Brian's experience with the product and his assurance of its quality, I took a chance...

Coupled with my 515+ gram Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi shift knob, ripping through the gears has never been more enjoyable. With this aftermarket addition to the G, I do not foresee any regret. This is a modification (along with sway bars, a good set of tires, and upgraded brakes) where I cannot pinpoint a downside. Stillen's short shifter is solid, sturdy, and confidence-inspiring. The shifts are tight and concise. With about fifty miles under my belt with the new shifter, I am extremely impressed.


BEFORE




 AFTER





No comments:

Post a Comment