Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I Heart JDM...

Rarity in parts, style, and execution are important factors in building my cars. I don't want to fall into a cookie-cutter mold when it comes to modifying. This can be challenging, especially with a car that has limited aftermarket parts possibilities. I think I have done a respectable job with my car thus far, however it is only a matter of time before I see another G with the same, or similar, modifications. I have some plans in mind for the future that will set my G apart from the rest, but my most current planned modification is one that has me pretty excited.

Brian, of JT Motoring, has been invaluable to me when it comes to this project. This most recent stage of the project is no exception. He has made multiple phone calls, sought assistance, and received support from multiple companies and manufacturers in both the United States and Japan to provide me with the knowledge necessary to pull off this next feat.

We are installing a Project Mu Big Brake Kit on the G. This, in itself, is pretty rare as I have only seen a handful of G's with a Project Mu kit installed. However, what makes this just a bit more special is the fact that this is a one-off kit. There is no other G out there fitted with the same kit that we will be installing. We have had to order components from Project Mu Japan to ensure proper fitment and performance. It has been a stressful and sometimes frustrating process to this point, but I am confident that the end result will prove worth it. It usually does...

From Project Mu Japan, it was necessary to order new brake hats, lines, and brackets for this project. We are using Project Mu's forged slim 6 piston calipers for the front and 4 piston calipers for the rear. The rotors are slotted 355MM on all four corners.

I hope to have the G in for the installation sometime within the next few weeks. For now, here are a few teaser pictures...





No comments:

Post a Comment