Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year from JDMphasis

Full of adversity is life. How one reacts to that adversity defines his nature; his ethos. Whether a catastrophic calamity, a slight drawback, or a simple, temporary inconvenience, the response is what helps to shape one's character.

Personally, professionally, and automotive-ly, I have experienced a bit of adversity over the past year. Sadly, it is in my nature to place added weight on the down's and forget the up's far too soon. A level-head is fundamental to maintaining proper perspective. Whether refusing to drive, or even look at, the G for weeks after a terrible experience with a once-trusted tuning shop, losing a loved one, or having my wallet stolen on New Year's Eve, I try to take something positive from each and every negative experience and learn to take life a little less seriously. You cannot predict when you will encounter your next misfortune or the degree to which those mishaps pain you, but, it is important to remember that, from it, there is always something to learn.

My hope for the new year is to enjoy life a little more - in regards to my car, my work, and, simply, everyday life. I wish the same for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment