Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project G37S: Coming Together

I dropped the G off with Brian late Thursday afternoon. I hadn't been to JT in a couple months, so I asked to look at my new wheels, which had been occupying a corner of the shop for weeks at that point. I had seen pictures of them, but had yet to see them in person. In addition to the pictures of my own set that have been sent via phone camera and text messages, I have seen quite a few images of these wheels on the internet and the forums and not one of them has done them justice. These wheels are beautiful in person...


I had to snap a few pictures for myself:


Volk Racing TE37SL











Not even an hour after I had left the car with Brian, he sent me a picture...


GT-R Start Button Installed


The tires arrived in less than 24 hours. The wheels were mounted and Brian did a test-fit. He was nervous upon mounting the rear wheels, as they poked quite a bit. He sent me an e-mail with a subject line of "Close Call" and the following picture attached. (Excuse the poor quality camera phone picture...)




Once lowered off the lift, the wheels tucked a bit more, easing some of Brian's nerves. However, it looks as though we will be raising the car up a bit and installing a camber kit at some point in the near future, as running more negative camber than initially expected is in order.


You will have to stay tuned for better pictures of the TE's mounted...


The only snag we have encountered thus far is a minor issue with a vendor on the G forums over the authenticity of a set of Rays extended lugs. So, I am now trying to get my hands on a set of those to accentuate these wheels. Other than that, the projects that were set to take place today are:


1) Replacement of brake bleeder valves
2) Swapping of Tein EDFC Controller
3) Powdercoating of front brake rotor hats
4) Installation of the Stillen short shifter

No comments:

Post a Comment