Thursday, May 12, 2016

Rant.

I apologize that I do not have a better title for this post.

Replica parts ruin a car for me. Yes, ruin it. Despite what many say, I am allowed to have that opinion. Then I know there are people who actually do not run replica parts on their own vehicles, but say that they can still respect a build that has been constructed using replica parts. I am not one of those people. Please do not announce how proud of your project vehicle you are and then cut corners. It is contradictory and hypocritical.

I saw a Z33 on the road today with aero components that seem to be becoming more and more popular and I have no idea why. I suppose it is what sparked this post. I actually remember making a blog post about a Z donning this aero back in 2012. Amuse Vestito Z34 replica parts for the Z33. Why is this desirable? Am I the only one who thinks this looks cheap? Not just "looks" cheap. It IS cheap. It is a known Z34 aero component that has been ripped off by fly-by-night aero companies looking to make a buck and butchered onto a different platform. And people actually WANT this look? Why? What is the appeal to sporting a part that you know was originally made for another vehicle and then copied by a parasitic replica company so it could be used on a different vehicle just to make that company even more money? Even if it looked good, why?

Here is another shot of this comical example of irony… Eat, Sleep, not JDM. At all.


Fake wheels, fake aero… [Face Palm]

There are a number of hack replica companies that have stolen this design…




I guess I just do not understand it...


Then there is the REAL deal.

Amuse Vestito Z34

Is this cool, too? Ugh.


Be the Funk. Don't Fake it.


JDMphasis… Innovation over Imitation

No comments:

Post a Comment