Saturday, December 8, 2012

Eat, Sleep, not so JDM...

Why the sticker?

I recently came across this picture on Facebook. Who am I to criticize? To each his own, right? Regardless, I feel obligated to point out, with aero from a company that sells and replicates the parts of multiple legitimate Japanese companies along with a set of knock-off wheels, I am hard-pressed to find anything "JDM" about this Z. We all know this is not the only car to cut corners with poor-quality fake parts, but rocking that sticker is just a funk-faking slap in the face. If contributing to the subversion of JDM is the goal, I suppose we could consider this a success. Why do we encourage this type of modifying? Why do we feature and showcase these builds? And worse, why do we compliment and LIKE them? [/Rant.]



JDMphasis... Innovation over Imitation

4 comments:

  1. Bill, didn't you know, that Vestito-looking rear bumper monstrosity is "hella JDM tight yo!" Gotta love those XXRotaVarstolens with big spacers and demon camber too.

    If the guys at SpeedElement saw their license plate frame on this thing, they'd be really embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for adding me to your blogroll! I've added you back.
    Great blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it seems people can't be bothered to think

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same kinds of things that we used to post at JDM Evolved. It became tiring keeping up with it. I cannot understand why people want to pose so hard with JDM aero, and then the same people defending companies like Rota and Showstoppers to the death.

    ReplyDelete