Monday, May 7, 2012

Amusing Photography...

My compulsion towards the parts of the Japanese Domestic Market is not based on a personal assessment of performance superiority. It is about design, quality, and attention to detail. Likely my biggest obsession of the industry, Power House Amuse is quite possibly the superlative of JDM parts. Hardly boring or run-of-the-mill, the products that come out of their facility in Chiba are not simply functional components to be admired momentarily pre-installation, only to be forsaken shortly after brusque acknowledgment of any performance benefit or gain. Every Amuse part contains an all-too-real element of genuine automotive artistry.


I am a bit unsure as to whether it is socially acceptable in aftermarket auto enthusiast circles to describe the tone and note of an exhaust system as "clean," but that is what I strive to achieve with the perfect combination of components. The ideal qualities are zero "hiss" and very little rasp (notorious idiosyncrasies of the Nissan VQ engine). Achieving this is not an easy feat, but if it can be done while not being overly obnoxious or achieving similar pitch and tenor to that of an angry bumble bee, you have a winning exhaust creation, in my opinion. I have spent more time than I care to admit on YouTube listening to sound clips of different exhaust set-ups. There are many that sound great. However, I have come back to this Z34 set-up as one that I believe is wonderfully clean.

  • Power House Amuse R1 Titan Extra
  • Power House Amuse R1 Front Pipe
  • Central20 Sport Catalyzers
  • Central20 Exhaust Manifold



No comments:

Post a Comment