Friday, January 15, 2016

You know you have the right project vehicle when...

…you are not deterred at the fantastic thought of an endless budget.

I was one of the millions of Americans who, over the past couple weeks, found himself enamored at the incredible prospect of becoming a billionaire overnight. I purchased roughly ten Powerball tickets for myself, as well as contributed a few dollars to the office pool. Of course the odds of winning are highly unlikely, but it is fun to imagine. The "What's the first thing you'd buy?" game is entertaining - a momentary respite from the everyday grind. I would argue it is worth the $2 investment to fantasize; worth it for a shot at that miracle.

In creating that list of purchases to make upon winning millions of dollars, of course a few automobiles find their way on that list. I would likely have a stable full of vehicles had I won over $1,000,000,000 this past Wednesday evening. However, I truly believe that I would still maintain a strong desire to build the best Z33 I could build. Yes, of course I would have a Maserati GranTurismo, perhaps a Lamborghini, maybe an LFA, a couple Porsches, obviously a couple GT-Rs among others, but I think I would still need to have the car that stimulated my passion for Japanese cars and the JDM culture. I find myself picturing my car when it is done and constantly scheming, imagining, creating ideas and possibilities in my head. I look forward to the e-mails I receive from my partners in this build. I cannot wait to take a razor blade to the packing tape of those cardboard boxes with Japanese writing and stamps all over them revealing the parts upon which I have been waiting for months...

I think believing that I would still want to complete my Z33 project, upon winning a Powerball jackpot, knowing full well that I could own any car in existence, is how I know that I have the right project.

I know I have posted these images in previous posts, but here are a couple shots of a Z33 that I view as inspiration for my project…

















JDMphasis… Innovation over Imitation

No comments:

Post a Comment