Last week, as I was looking at the car from the front, aero complete, I found myself quite content with the new bumper. Aggressive, but tasteful. Not over-the-top at all. However, something was amiss...
I have always been averse to modifying my headlights for a couple reasons. The first being the concern of condensation. I have seen multiple sets of modified headlights resembling that empty water bottle that has been sitting for a few days - lenses hazy, riddled with tiny beads of water. That is not an issue I have ever found myself desiring. Thus, I have been hesitant to open up my lights. The other main concern is, quite simply, appearance. I do not particularly enjoy cars whose headlights are so busy that they steal focus from the rest of the project.
Putting my reservations aside, I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger on modifying the headlights. I believe that is the change the front end of the G needs to set it off nicely. Entrusting them to Scott's 'Light Guy,' Jason, my only instructions were "simple and clean."
A FEW PROGRESSION SHOTS:
Before Smoked Chrome
After Smoked Chrome
Modified vs. Stock
Detailed Explanation of Headlight Modifications
- Satin (semi-gloss) Black Housing
- Gunmetal Projector Shroud
- Carbon Amber Sidemarker
- Smoked Film over Chrome