Friday, January 10, 2020

Project M4: Aero

First off, Happy New Year!

I seem to post every few months now when I used to post multiple times a week. I have no good excuses. I apologize for the lack of activity/content.

I have completed a few updates to the M4 since my last post here. I have really enjoyed driving/learning this car and it certainly attracts more attention than the SRT did. I am not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. 

I spent a considerable amount of time researching aero for the M4. Of course, I was leaning towards the Japanese companies because, well, I love Japanese parts. The attention to detail is the biggest draw for me. However, I went a different route when I chose APR Performance for the front and sides. I do not regret that decision. At all. These carbon fiber aero parts are legitimate. Fit and finish is second to none. On top of that, I love the aggressive yet classy look these parts provide. As for the rear diffuser, I went with Kohlenstoff, which, as far as I know, is actually a Japanese aerodynamics company, though it does not sound it. 

Mixing and matching aero parts can be risky. I did not want the front and sides to clash with the rear. I wanted them to complement one and other. In my opinion, the level of aggression is perfect. Not too much, not too little. The ideal amount. On top of that, I confirmed that the carbon fiber weave on these parts matched. I do have a few other plans for the exterior of the M, but the pictures below are of the vehicle in its current form. More changes coming later in 2020...


  • APR Performance Carbon Fiber Front Lip
  • APR Performance Carbon Fiber Side Rocker Extensions
  • Kohlenstoff Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser


Thank you for continuing to follow JDMphasis, though my posts have been few and far between.









The following shots are from a quick photoshoot by Eastside Motoring who installed all of these parts. Big thanks, as always, to my trusted friend Brian. 






JDMphasis... Innovation over Imitation

No comments:

Post a Comment