Monday, February 2, 2015

"Within Reason…"

A few months ago I was in the car with a couple friends when a GT-R passed us on the highway. One of my buddies turned to the other and remarked that the R35 is my dream car. When I said, "No. Not necessarily," he came back with a challenge. 

"Yeah it is. Within reason, what else would you rather have?"

I legitimately did not have an answer for him. Though I had never actually acknowledged the R35 as my "dream car," at that moment I realized that I did not have a "within reason" dream car. The "within reason" constraint is, of course, a relative limitation as it relates to finances and is open to discussion and squabble - a $100,000+ car is not exactly reasonable for me personally at this point in my life. However, the fact that I could not immediately retort with a make and model that I would choose over the GT-R genuinely surprised me. Of course, there are a hundred different cars I would love to have in my dream garage, but, being a JDM-o-phile, I still, even today, cannot think of a car (say, less than $125,000 USD - opting not to go for the Nismo Edition GT-R) that I would currently rather have in my possession than the R35 GT-R. I would love to own one of these… And, of course, modify it with some quality Japanese parts (to the tune of an additional $50,000 or so).

Maybe some day.

Anyway, still probably my favorite GT-R, the Varis/HKS Technical Factory R35 is a thing of beauty…








No comments:

Post a Comment