Friday, February 15, 2013

"Every mile is two in winter." - George Herbert

We're back...

After being nailed with 25" inches of powder at the hands of the Blizzard of 2013, the weekend concluded Sunday evening with a glass of ice water spilling on my Air. Never before having been faced with this style of predicament, I immediately wiped it down and took a blowdryer to it for roughly ten minutes. Still functioning, albeit somewhat haphazardly, I quickly Googled 'What to do if you spill on your laptop' and learned that I should have powered it down immediately. Lesson learned. I then let it sit open and inverted over a gently blowing vent that evening for roughly ten hours, then placed it face down in a modified aluminum tray filled with white rice (for absorption) for the next three days. Those three days were torturous. Not so much concerned with the laptop itself, but more, everything contained on it. Constantly pulling my hair out for the better part of 72 hours, wondering if I would lose my notes, college research, essays, spreadsheets, files, pictures of family, friends, and pets (living and passed), bookmarks, music, and, not to mention, thousands of car pictures... Needless to say, it may be time to back up my hard drive. 



And a shot of the filthy G in the winter wonderland...


1 comment: