Sunday, July 17, 2011

Project G37S: The Little Things

There is a certain inexplicable novelty inherent in all that is JDM. A recent conversation with a friend focused on that mystifying aura surrounding our fascination. I think this picture helps to shed some light on it...


Top Secret Titanium Tow Hook



As the JDMphasis header asserts, JDM is not simply rare parts. Don't get me wrong, this Top Secret tow hook is not something you see on every car roaming the streets. It is quite rare (and beautiful), but I think it is safe to say that I was just as excited when I received this package to see my name on the envelope next to the Top Secret address and the handwritten Japanese. It may sound peculiar to someone looking in from outside of the JDM fraternity - and I have come to the conclusion that there is no good way to explain it, but there is just something special about knowing that this Top Secret craftsmanship came right from Japan to my door and will, in due time, be on my car.

I will be saving the envelope...

No comments:

Post a Comment